Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Zoo Animals

In preparation of our field trip to the zoo, we took some time to learn about zoo animals.  The students practiced labeling the animals and putting the animals in alphabetical (ABC) order.



I'm not sure how but the zoo animals escaped the zoo one day and decided to hide around in our classroom (or so we pretended for this game!) The kids had to search around the room for the animals.  If they found all of the zoo animals and wrote their names correctly, then they won.  They did a great job with this.




We read the story, 'One Night in the Zoo' by Judith Kerr.  This story is about what the author thinks the zoo animals do after all the visitors and zoo keepers leave.  



The students responded to this fun little story by writing their own story about what happens.  I laughed so hard reading through their ideas.  From nail polish parties to milk shakes at Captain Sundae - the kids had great ideas!



I love their creative ideas!


1 comment:

  1. I love this story! It's on the counter and I grin every time I see it! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete