Sunday, March 17, 2013

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I owe a special thank you to the parents who came to help us with our St. Patrick's Day centers on Friday afternoon.  Thank you also, Francine, for the beaded necklaces.  They were a hit and the kids seemed to love them!

Each group sorted, counted and graphed Lucky Charms cereal. Oh, and they ate some too! 


Coloring and labeling a Leprechaun.


Practicing our addition skills by rolling two dice and adding them together.


Another dice game - this time the kids rolled their dice and compared the numbers. The greater number went under the big shamrock and the smaller number that was less went under the little shamrock.


Everyone seemed to like the marshmallows the best!

The kids made shamrock people to help decorate the room, too.




The students came up with great ideas on how to catch a Leprechaun. The lighting on the pictures make it difficult to read but it says:
"I would hide behind a bush. I would have a rope for when he comes. I would throw the rope to the gold and pull it." 

I loved hearing their ideas and helping them put their thoughts into writing. We have some amazing writers in our classroom. I am so proud of all of my owl friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment