Sunday, December 9, 2012

Questions for Santa

We learned how to spell Santa's name through this song and short video.  The students love it and I must say, it worked - they know how to spell Santa's name now. Click on the link if you want to give it a listen.  Just to warn you, it will more than likely be stuck in your head the rest of the day!


We continued our role as scientists this week during our writing workshop time.  We watched Santa feed his reindeer at 11AM on the reindeer camera. If you want to check it out click on the link below:


After we watched Santa feed the reindeer we started to talk about some of the things we saw.  We all love Santa but we realized that we have a lot of questions for him so we started to discuss them together.  After everyone had a chance to share their questions, we began to write them down.  

 The students created their own book for Santa, filled with questions they have for him.


This is one of my student's books. She did an awesome job.

"Why does Santa wear red and white every day?"

"Who is Santa's boss?"

"Why does Santa have reindeer?"

Don't you just love their creativity and curiosity? I sure do!

I told the class that I would send our question books to Santa this weekend.  We are hoping to hear back from him this week... I will keep you posted on what happens! :)

1 comment:

  1. Such a good teacher :) I remember the impression i got from my kindergarten teacher and she was a sweetheart, they will remember your class for a long time for sure!

    ReplyDelete