Friday, April 5, 2013

Reading Strategies

We have been working on our reading strategies and comprehension skills so much this year.  The growth and progress the students have made just floors me.  It really has been so fun to watch them take the skills I've taught them and go with it.  I decided that the students need more opportunities to show off their abilities .  One way we do this is through a shared reading during the day.  I ask for volunteers to be the 'teacher' and read the words on the chart to the rest of the class.  Sometimes there are tricky words in the reading so the 'teacher' has to decide which strategy to use.  The 'teacher' then asks the class what strategy he/she used.  The kids have been doing really well with this and I have noticed a big improvement in their reading.  Keep it up owls!




No comments:

Post a Comment